My sweet Grandpa Jensen passed away at the beginning of June. He was 101 years old. He had been living in his own house, with help, for years and was just as sweet and funny as ever. He made the local newspaper for hitting a hole in one at 96. He tried to stay active and loved going out to lunch every day. Although I know he enjoyed life, every time I saw him over the last 4 or 5 years he would say he was "just trying to figure out how to die." So I know he was ready, but it's still sad for those of us he left behind. He lived such a great life! I was constantly learning new things about him. He loved my grandma. He missed her. He was such a hard worker. He was a man of service. He lived a simple life, but it was full of all that mattered to him....his family, golf, music, cocktails, friends, and nature. He liked to call me Steve, and he gave the best hugs of anyone I know. I miss you and love you, Gramps!
That first picture of us was taken at his 100th birthday party.





No comments:
Post a Comment