Exactly one day after we got back from Sandpoint, the Carlson cousins arrived!! My mom's new house was finished about a week before they got to town. She had moved in, however, the yard was not in. This made for LOTS of playing in the dirt.....which is super fun, but not great for keeping a brand new house clean....
We got right to the planning this year! We mapped out our calendar, and were up and running by day 2. We delivered Brian a birthday treat and then headed to Babby Farms....a little petting zoo type place out in Caldwell. It was pretty fun. The kids had a good time.
Day 3 was paint ball for the big kids and supposed to be Discovery Center for the littler kids. However, Kacee and I just couldn't bring ourselves to take them! The prices went way up, and all they really like to do is play in the pretend store. So instead, we gave them a shopping list and turned them loose in Winco! We checked in on them every once in a while, but they really did most of it by themselves....bagging and all! :)
My dad and stepmom decided to come up from Utah on Saturday to see everybody. We had a fun day BBQing lunch and hanging out at Eagle Island. Then we met up at the Village for dinner and back to our house for dessert. And we actually remembered to snap a few pictures!
We started off the next week with the Rollerdrome! A favorite from the Girls' Night last year, we decided to take the whole gang this year. Aubrey brought her own rollerblades and did pretty well. Carson was a first-timer. He started off pretty shaky, but I tell you what, that kid worked and worked to get better and to be able to go around by himself. He loved it. He was still pretty rickity, but he didn't want help, he was determined (and SWEATY)! He even entered the race for kids 6 and under! And that little Charlotte was a riot. She also entered the race for 6 and under! She had a great time and wore me out! I would also like to mention that although there isn't a picture of this, both Kacee and I entered the race for over 21 and I WON! Kacee grabbed my arm in a desperate last minute attempt to stop me, but I couldn't be stopped. I sailed across the finish line in first place! And won a free fountain drink from the snack bar.

1 comment:
Excellent summer recap!! Adorable pictures as usual...kinda weird that I won't be looking at that family lake shot all school year. Guess I'll get over it. :)
Post a Comment