Our huggy buggy is EIGHT!! Here's a look back from 7 to 8...
Carson at EIGHT:
- Carson continues his love/hate relationship with school. He always comes home from school happy and says he had a good day. But he can't stand homework, and frequently gets upset about having to go to school. He thinks he wants to just stay home and play everyday (even though I know he'd get bored)!
- This boy loves his play time. He loves to play with his sisters, his friends, by himself, whatever. He just loves to play. He loves to run around outside and get sweaty. He loves to play video games. He loves to build and play with Legos and "guys." He loves to play sports or jump on the tramp. He loves to draw and create. He does not love when he has to stop playing. He looks forward to the weekend all week, and actually has a hard time on Sunday evenings because his unlimited play time is about to be over.
- He is very sensitive. He can get his feelings hurt and can get embarrassed easily.
- He still has a hard time controlling his emotions. His "hulking out" has taken on a bit of a different tone. When he gets angry, he still lashes out screaming and crying. However, when he calms down (which can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours) he feels very remorseful. He has started saying very negative things about himself that make Brian and me very sad. :( He is our child that has "encouraged" us to read some parenting books on the best way to handle his behaviors. I know we'll get it figured out, but man, it can take a toll on all of us.
- He continues to be a model student. His teacher loves him and he does so well in class. I am very thankful for that. That rule-follower personality does come in handy.
- The kid loves to eat! He is officially out-eating his sisters by quite a bit. He can also get very HANGRY! Never pick a battle with Carson right before a meal. Yes, I have learned that the hard way. He has also started to realize he gets hangry....which has been helpful. Sometimes it's like a different kid after a good meal!
- He has the best "concentration face!" Whenever he's catching a ball, or shooting a basket, or doing any physical activity requiring concentration, he makes the most awesome faces! It's kind of a squinty eye, open/stretched mouth look and it cracks us all up. He knows he does it, and he can't help it! He mostly laughs when we joke with him about it.
- Brian has realized he probably shouldn't coach Carson's soccer team anymore. Carson takes direction extremely well from everyone, except his parents. I guess he feels comfortable enough with us to throw fits if he doesn't want to do something. That doesn't work very well as coach of a team. I actually think Carson might take a break from soccer next fall. Could be a good break for everyone?! Although, I will miss watching him play.
- Carson is so creative. I save so many of his little drawings and pictures! I love them. He puts so much detail in his drawings. I hope he will continue to draw and create like he does.
- He has such a great imagination! He, Aubrey, and Charlotte can spend entire days just playing their make-believe games. I love that they still do this! It can still make quite the mess, but I do love walking upstairs to see all the little bags they've packed, the pretend food they have laid out, the dress up costumes, the keyboards and microphones, etc, etc.
- Carson loves: weekends, his family, Legos, playing with his friends, getting sweaty, eating, teasing his sisters, shooting hoops, Star Wars, following the rules and making sure everyone else is following those rules, Nerf guns, playing Pokémon cards with Leo, screen time and video games, eating hot lunch so he doesn't have to pack his lunch, his blankets, and the occasional snuggle.













No comments:
Post a Comment