Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Adam

December 23, or as we've started calling it, Christmas Adam is the night that we go to my mom's house for yummy homemade soup in bread bowls and a special visitor.  The dinner was awesome as usual and the visit from Santa was really fun!  He brought everyone fun new pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve!  I think Aubrey remembered that he was coming from last year because she was very aware of who was going in and out the front door.  When he actually got there, Aubrey was quite shy (big surprise), Carson was quite hyper (another huge surprise), and Charlotte was actually scared and kind of crabby (which really is a surprise).  We got some great pictures though, and had a fun night with the family!

Side story:  Earlier that day, Aunt Kacee had found a website that you could request Santa to send a personalized video to your child.  I thought the kids would love it, so I requested one for Aubrey and Carson.  When we clicked on Aubrey's video to watch she immediately became red-faced and so embarrassed she could hardly watch.  (I did catch a smile or two as she was turning her head away though.....) At the end of the video Santa has his elves plug the child's file into the "nice or naughty machine."  At this point Aubrey just RAN out of the room.....couldn't bear to watch.  So Carson had to relay that the green light had come on and she was on the nice list!!  Then I went to turn Carson's video on.  Aubrey became hysterical.....crying, "I don't want Carson to be on the naughty list!"  While his video was playing she bawled the entire time from the other room....."No!  I don't want him to be on the naughty list!!"  You gotta admit, she knows her brother! :)  Carson was looking a little worried while the elves were plugging his file into the machine.....especially since his sister was still carrying on.  When the green light went on and the confetti fell from the sky he shot his hands into the air....."Aubrey, I made it!  I'm on the nice list!!!!"  I was laughing so hard.  She finally calmed down and they were both relieved.  Had to write that story down somewhere so I'd remember it! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that story about the naughty list is HILARIOUS!!! I am trying to laugh quietly because at least one kid is asleep over here. Love it. We did the same video with Norah and discovered that what she had asked Santa for was not what she was getting, so Santa had to scramble at the last minute.