Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Summer Bucket List & First Day of School

At the beginning of the summer, the kids and I sat down and made a "bucket list" of some of the things we wanted to do during the summer.  After we got back from camping, we realized there were a couple items on the list we could still sneak in!  So the last couple days of summer vacation we hit the snow cone shack, the zoo, and Fanci Freeze.  I think we did pretty well on our list!

And then it was over.  It's always that mix of sadness that the summer is over, but also excited for a new school year and kinda ready to be back to a routine.  And this school year there was one BIG change.....I wasn't going to be teaching!!  Over the last couple years I had started to have the feeling that maybe I needed a break from teaching.  The expectations of a classroom teacher are becoming so overwhelming.  I'd been starting to feel like I couldn't do it all, and that maybe we could finally afford for me to not be working.  When my teaching partner got pregnant and found out it was TWINS, we really did some thinking.  As the summer wore on, we both realized that this wasn't going to work and she made the decision to quit.  I certainly didn't want to go full time or try and find another partner, so I hopped on board and sent in my resignation!  I felt sad, relived, scared and excited all at the same time.  I am so happy to report that it's been awesome!!  I LOVE having more time at home and more energy for my family.  It has been such a different and wonderful start to a school year!  I feel so grateful.

And what about those darling kids!?  Aubrey started third grade and Carson started full-day in first grade.  Charlotte had to wait another week before her first day....  Some other "retired" teacher friends and I met up at the park on the kids' first day and let the little girls play.
And last, just a cute picture of the kids all dressed up in their Vandal gear to go watch a game at a friend's house.  Go Vandals! :)






















No comments: