Another very looked-forward-to day is Roaring Springs! As usual, it was a blast! We stayed for some obscene amount of time and wore everybody OUT! (Yes, Charlotte fell asleep in the car on the way home.) I somehow got talked into going on the new "fun" slide and got so much water up my face that I thought I was going to drown. And the three girls were quite a hit in their matching suits! Another super fun day.
Next up, a sewing project! I finally got my sewing machine out of the box!! Mary came over one day and helped me get it set up and reminded me how to thread it and a few other basics. She then assured me a good "starter project" would be pajama pants....she had a pattern I could borrow and everything. I decided to get the kids in on the fun too. We bought our fabric and then Mary couldn't find her pattern! As the summer wore on, I decided to wait until Kacee and her kids were here and we could all do it together. Since we didn't have a pattern, we decided we could just make one up.....and adjust it to seven different sizes. My head seriously hurt at the end of "pattern making day." And as you can see from the picture, Kacee and I made our pattern a little too big..... But, we adjusted a little, and all ended up with some darling pj pants (or shorts in Carson's case).
The last weekend the Carlson's were here, our Grandparents and Aunt Susan came for a visit. For some reason we always seem to save bowling for when they're here, and this year was no different! We hit Big Al's for some bowling and then took all the littles to get haircuts. Charlotte still doesn't quite need that first cut, but they did put some sparkles on her...so she was happy. At the last minute, Aubrey decided to cut off her hair. She left quite a pile of hair on that floor! Everyone looked super cute and/or handsome!
No comments:
Post a Comment