Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Day!

The day finally arrived!!  The kids came in our room at 7:01 A.M.  However, Brian and I have discovered over the years that we must be almost as excited as the kids because we're always awake long before they even come to get us!  So we all headed out together......the next couple hours are a blur of present opening, excited squeals, playing, more present opening, playing, laughing, and just plain FUN!!!  We did take a small break for some breakfast, sticky buns, and singing Happy Birthday to Jesus, but the morning went so quickly!  Some highlights of the kids' loot:  Aubrey got Sandie (an Our Generation doll), some matching clothes and PJs for Sandie, some One Direction stuff and an iTunes card (probably THE highlight for her), and lots of clothes.  Carson got a remote control transformer car/robot (so cool), lots of Legos, Power Rangers and Pokemon.  Charlotte got a new kitchen (so cute and a huge hit), some food and appliances for the kitchen, and some cute clothes too.  They also all got a new karaoke set that plugs into the iPad.  
We headed over to Grandma's a little after noon so Charlotte could take her nap there.  We let the kids bring some of their new toys so it wouldn't be quite so hard to leave home.  Then we got to open MORE presents, eat a yummy lunch/dinner, and just hang and play.  We called it a night around 6:00, so the kids could play for a bit at home before bed.  About half way home I realized Aubrey and Carson were both ASLEEP (at 6:30)!  However, the second we pulled into the garage Carson shot up and said, "I'm not asleep, I was just resting my eyes.  I'm ready to play!!"  They did crash pretty hard that night though.  It was such a fun day.  I always get a little sad when it's over (Brian thinks I'm weird), but it's just such a fun month leading up to such a fun day.  And I know that our years are numbered with our kids at this perfect Christmas age.  But it was another wonderful Christmas, and we had Grandma Lyn and Grandpa Tom coming into town in two days.....    























No comments: