Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Girls' Night Out!!

I think I am finally nearing the end of my "catch-up" crazy summer posts!

We had a very fun girls night out planned for one of the last nights the Carlson cousins were here. It was actually a girls night out, plus Carson. He got to participate in the first part of the evening. We took them to the cutest little salon called 2 B A Kid. Carson was treated to his first professional haircut! Judging by how he acts when I cut his hair at home, I was a little nervous. He did quite well however. Thank goodness they had suckers and candy to keep him occupied!


Okay, so he wasn't totally thrilled the whole time....

Doesn't he look handsome though!! You can't really tell in the picture, but he got to have GREEN hair for the night!



Next up was Aubrey's turn. She and her cousin Ella had been looking forward to this girls night out since the first day Ella arrived, and it did not disappoint!

Washing the hair....



Then of course the nails! She chose purple nail polish with pink stripes.....


They turned out great!

And last, the haircut. She was much more patient than Carson. She's had her hair cut a couple times, so she knew what to expect.


The finished cut. They actually cut several inches off her hair......it had gotten SO long. It looks really cute.


And after the styles. Beautiful girls!!
My mom had gotten the little girls these tutu's and they were all super excited to wear them out on the town!
We then took all the girls (Carson got picked up by Brian) to a fancy dinner out at the Cottonwood Grill. It was SO yummy!!

And of course out for ice cream cones after! Girls are so much fun!!!

Another of the activities Aubrey and Ella were really looking forward to was a SLEEPOVER! So on a different night, Ella came to sleep over at our house.
These girls had so much fun together! They really play well with each other and it's just one make-believe game after another! I just loved to listen in on some of their games.
Lots of playing "house."
And tending to the sick animals.....

Of course bath time together! They were excited to have the bath to themselves that night, without the little siblings Ruby and Carson to mess things up!


Although it looks like I've woken them up from a deep sleep to take this picture, I assure you I did not. I don't even know what time they finally quieted down and went to sleep, but it was well after I did at about 11:00! Don't worry though, they were up playing in Aubrey's room by 7:00 a.m.


What sweet girls! Aubrey had the best time with Ella again this summer and is already anxiously awaiting the next time they can see each other! (Her Aunt Kacee put it in her head that she can go visit Ella sometime at her house in Texas.......she asks about it almost daily!!)


Shortly after our girls night out, the second set of visiting cousins headed back to their house. We were exhausted, but so sad to see them all go. We had such a great summer getting to spend time with all of them, and wish they all lived CLOSER!! We love you cousins!

1 comment:

Blake & Erin + twins= The Jensens said...

They are so stinkin' cute!!! OMG!!! Miss you guys!!