Friday, January 8, 2016

Pumpkins

We almost didn't do pumpkins this year.  The soccer season went right up to Halloween day, and I was just having a hard time getting motivated.  But on Halloween, after our last soccer game, we went to Albertson's (yeah, no pumpkin patch this year) and picked out a couple pumpkins!  We rushed home and started carving!  Aubrey was stoked to dig out the "pumpkin brains," however, Carson was a little more unsure.  After he grabbed a couple handfuls and got a whiff of the inside, he started gagging, dry heaving, and then crying.  Brian finished cleaning and carving Carson's, and then he painted what Brian had carved.  Charlotte wanted nothing to do with the "pumpkin brains" from the get-go.  She was perfectly happy to paint and decorate away!
But the pumpkins turned out great I thought!  The kids were thrilled.  And I was very glad we made it happen.   


















No comments: