As the end of school approached, I was of course very excited for summer vacation. However, I was also a little panicked. We were about to go from a very scheduled week of having lots to do each day, to having nothing! Which in a way is really nice, but with little children to entertain everyday, it's also a little scary! So, I spent the first week of summer vacation coming up with a daily schedule, getting a few weekly activities in place, and deciding how to organize our time when we're home. I knew I wanted Aubrey and Carson to start doing some chores, so I set about looking for some chore charts I could make. Thanks to Pinterest and Craft warehouse, this is what I came up with. (Not bad, right?!) I got some magnetic whiteboards, separated them into daily and weekly chores with a column for "To Do" and "Done." I also made sections for the days of the week so they could keep track of how they were doing. I then decided on some chores around the house that I thought they could help with. I made magnets for each chore. Their daily chores are always the same, but they get three new weekly chores each week....they get to chose one, and I assign the other two. They do those once a week....the daily's go back and forth each day. Then at the end of the week, if they have done well on their daily chores and done their weekly chores, they get to chose a reward. Their choices so far are: a coin for our new gumball machine, a trip to McDonald's for an ice cream cone, or an icee at Fast Eddy's (all cheap and easy). If they do not have their chores done by the end of the day Friday, they do not get a reward and then have to do the chores on Saturday.
So far it's working out great! They are both super excited (Carson is mostly excited), and it's given them a real sense of responsibility. Between the chore charts and the schedule, it's really made our days a lot more organized, manageable, and fun!! Bring it on summer!
1 comment:
super cute Steph!
Post a Comment