About one week after I wrote Aubrey's birthday post (and mentioned her desire to ride her bike with no training wheels)....guess what? She did it! We went over to a friend's house to BBQ and play and we brought the kids' bikes with us. After watching her friend Zack pedal around with ease, she decided it was time. And I could not believe how quickly and easily she got it!! Within about two minutes she was off.....starting, stopping, up and down the curb, in the road, on the bike path....it was crazy. Nice job Aubrey!!
So Brian and I wondered if Carson would start wanting to try his bike with no training wheels? He definitely did. The next day his were off. Just watching his sister wasn't quite enough motivation, however. But a couple days later, his friend Rex's mom posted a video on Facebook of Rex riding, and that's all it took. That night Brian ran along the side of Carson's bike as he pedaled for all he was worth! After his first or second time going down the street as I was videoing, he stopped and asked if I would send the video to Rex's mom! :) He was pretty excited. He's not quite as steady as Aubrey yet, but he's doing really well. Way to go Carson!
After they both started riding, we quickly realized that they had grown out of their bikes pretty badly. So they both got an upgrade this weekend, and that is ALL they want to do now!! Now we just need a bike trailer for Charlotte and we'll be off and riding!!
First two pics are them on the official first days they started riding on their own. The last three are from last weekend with their new bikes!!
P.S. In case you're wondering, YES I am finally all caught up!!! Now, nothing exciting, cute, or noteworthy can happen....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment