Friday, March 20, 2015

Charlotte Jane is FOUR!

I think Charlotte may win the award for "most changed in one year!"  That hair!  She looks sooooooo different a year ago!  Here she is from 3 to 4...

























 







Charlotte at FOUR:
  • She has lots of nicknames!!  In no particular order; bunny, nugget, Charlie, Charlie Bell, biscuit, lovie, little honey, Char Char, Sharley, Charles (usually when she's in trouble), and Shar.  
  • She has finally started growing hair!!  And it's CURLY!  The top is pretty short still, but it's definitely coming in.  Finally!
  • She stopped sucking her fingers!  I think I already did a post about it.  Four years old was our cut-off, and thanks to a little Hand Foot and Mouth Disease, she kicked the habit early!  I think maybe the lack of sucking and consequently lack of hair twirling may have led to her hair coming in a little more?  Who knows, but she is definitely done and we didn't even have to take away her blankets!
  • This new hair has made for some AWESOME bed head!  
  • She is hilarious.  From her funny expressions, to her dirty looks, to just the hilarious things she says.  I swear, she cracks us up!!!  
  • She talks like she's 14.  She's always been a big talker, but some of the words and phrases she uses are so crazy.  Her preschool teacher told me a while ago that she told her class, "Pink is my favorite color, quite possibly forever."  She often starts speaking by saying, "Well technically, ....."  
  • She LOVES her brother and sister.  She can't wait for them to come home from school. However, she isn't afraid to stand up for herself with them (or anyone for that matter).  I don't often worry about her getting pushed around.
  • She eats sloooowww.  Always the last one done.  Sometimes I think she survives on air.
  • Her cousin Isla Jane is her best little buddy.  They're in the same preschool class, and according to her teacher, they're inseparable.  She also has such a fun little group of friends....Isla Mae, Brookie, Ivy, and Caroline are her Friday playdate buddies.
  • She has promised me that we can cancel the rest of her birthdays!!  I told her if she gets any older and bigger she won't fit perfectly on my lap.  So she said as long as she still gets presents for Christmas and Easter, she'll stay 4 forever!  And she tells everybody...."We are canceling the rest of my birthdays so I can stay 4 and fit perfectly on my mom's lap forever."  Brian thinks she uses this to get whatever she wants out of me.....and it works.
  • She is my buddy.  I'm sure this is true for most babies of families....but it's just her and me hanging out.  She's my shopping buddy, we play games, paint fingernails, share smoothies, run errands, eat lunch together.  What am I going to do when she's not home?!? :(
  • Charlotte loves.....anything princess, being independent, participating...until she doesn't want to, going to school, playing with her princesses and Barbies, doing gymnastics, having me put her to bed, swimming, sleepovers in Aubrey and Carson's room, screen time at 3:00 on the dot, doing puzzles, her blankets and stuffed animals, playdates, and dress up.
We love you Bunny!  We're so glad you're FOUR!    

No comments: