For the last several months whenever anyone asked how old Carson was, and I said 3, I don't think they believed me! I also had lots of people think he was must be turning 5 on this birthday. It's funny....he's just always seemed older in a lot of ways. But our little Bug is finally 4 and he is so excited!
Here's a look back at Carson from 3 to 4.....
Things I want to remember about Carson at 4:
- He is still feisty. That kid has spent more time in time-out this last year than many children do in a lifetime! He is very strong-willed. If you tell Carson, "Don't do that one more time or else....." You can GUARANTEE he will do it one more time (just to see).
- He has one cry. It is a blood-curdling scream. This could occur for a paper cut, if someone stole his toy, or (what I imagine) if he cut his arm off. Parents often wonder why Brian and I don't immediately run to him in a panic when we hear this scream.
- He loves school and playing with his friends. I'm not totally sure if playing with his friends is the reason he likes school, but either way, he likes it. He behaves really well in school too. I can't lie and say I wasn't a tiny bit worried that he'd be the trouble-maker at school, but he's not! His teacher reports that he listens well, takes turns, follows directions, and is very polite. Way to go buddy!
- He still wants to be just like his older sister. If Aubrey gets to do something, he honestly can't understand why he doesn't get to do it too. If she plays a sport, he wants to play. If she has a loose tooth, he wants a loose tooth. If she says something funny, he repeats it. He's had a big adjustment this school year with her gone every morning (and I am completely scared of how he'll do with her gone all day next year). He keeps telling her, "When you turn 7, I'm going to be 7 too." Or, "When we're the same age....." He doesn't quite seem to believe us when we tell him Aubrey will always be older than him.
- I LOVE all the words he mispronounces!! I started a list of some of my favorites....
- dimmfrent = different
- stuved = stuffed...."I stuved that into my mouth."
- Waligi = Luigi (as in Mario and Luigi)
- thomsing = something
- blizzard = blister
- Walgreen = Wolverine (as in the X-Men)
- incept = except
- unless = or else....."You better do that unless I'll be mad at you."
- Macheeto = Franchesco (from Cars 2)
- He's been preparing himself to stop sucking his thumb when he turned 4. He used to scream whenever we mentioned it, but as the birthday got closer I think he made his peace. One night about 3 days after his birthday, he said, "I'm ready to pack up my 'guys' and stop sucking my thumb." What? Brian and I both got teary as we packed his beloved "greeny," his two lovies, and his Bluegoo into a box. We put bandaids on both his thumbs, and he went to bed. That's been pretty much it. That was over two weeks ago. I'm not saying we're completely home free, but seriously was not even close to as bad as we'd feared!
- I think he may have finally conquered his fear of slides! He's been down several already this spring without many issues. He's still not crazy about heights, but he WILL go down slides!! (Get ready giraffe slide at the zoo!)
- He is a good brother. He loves those sisters. He and Aubrey truly are best buddies. And the way he is with Charlotte just melts my heart. I can't wait to see that relationship grow as she does (and becomes a little more fun).
- Still loves anything super hero (Spiderman, Batman, Super Hero Squad, Justice League, etc.), Star Wars, knights and guards, and pretty much anything with a weapon or helmet.
2 comments:
That's so amazing he decided to stop sucking his thumb! Impressive. Your first few descriptions sound like the oldest at our house sooo much! Loved this post.
This is so darling. That little guy is the sweetest. I can;t wait to see him go down the giraffe slide! :)
Post a Comment