This is our off year for "friend parties." So for Carson's birthday this year, we just invited over some family for dinner and CAKE! Several of his cousins couldn't come because of other commitments, and Carson was very sad. So, I let him invite his best little friend from school Rex. (That was definitely the highlight!)
We gave him a present first thing in the morning, so they could be washed and on his bed that night (big hit). After getting Aubrey to school and frantically cleaning the house, Carson, Charlotte and I met his friend Rex and his mom and baby sister at the park for a picnic lunch and playing! We then brought Rex home with us to get ready for the big party.
Carson had said he wanted a "knight birthday" this year. This was not an easy theme to find things for a kid's party. I had an idea for his cake, but it wasn't until I was making it an hour before the party that I really knew what it would look like. I ran out of cake and had to improvise, and it definitely was a challenge. But seeing him just staring at it in awe for 20 minutes before people got here, made it definitely worth it!
We had a really fun night! The kids played the new X-Box, we ate pizza, sang Happy Birthday, had cake, and opened lots of great presents! (I should say, most of us ate cake. Carson and Rex were so engrossed in playing with the knights that were on Carson's cake that neither of them ate one bite of cake or ice cream!!)
Then the next day Carson got to take cupcakes to school to celebrate his birthday. He wanted "guys" on the cupcakes for his friends to play with. We found some cute animals that got his approval. He was excited; however, that morning all he wanted to do was stay home and play with his new toys! So if you notice his grumpy face holding the cupcakes, that's why! Happy Birthday Carsey Bugga Boo!
No comments:
Post a Comment