Still can't believe my little Monkey started Kindergarten! Ever since she got her Kindergarten shots out of the way last May, she's been nothing but excited for it to start! I'm taking her to my school, Discovery. It's not our home school, but on my workdays I have to leave over an hour before school starts....so that wouldn't work. She is very excited to come with me on the days I teach and hang out in my classroom before school starts. She is just half-days so her Aunt Donna picks her up at noon.
First day of school breakfast....
Even though it wasn't Carson's first day yet, he still got in on the fun.
Getting ready to leave.....
She did get a little nervous as it was about time for me to leave her, but she did great....very brave.
And Aubrey with her new teacher, Mrs. Buxton. It's going to be a great year!
Carson had to wait a whole week after Aubrey started before his first day of school.....yes, it was pure torture!! But the day finally came, and boy was he excited. He's been watching Aubrey go to preschool for two years just wishing and waiting for his turn. The first day is called an "introduction day", and it's basically just an hour that the parents can stay and help get the 3 year olds settled into their new class. Carson was actually really annoyed that I was coming with him on his first day! He mentioned a couple times, "I want to go by myself!" However, as it turned out he was quite glad I was there once we got to the school.....not nearly as shy and timid as Aubrey was, but still liked having a familiar face.
No comments:
Post a Comment