Thursday, July 7, 2011

Month #5

Another month has come and gone, and I'm going to jam it all into one post! School got out and we are officially on SUMMER VACATION!! The weather has finally warmed up and we've had a really nice couple of weeks!

Charlotte continues to grow and change at lightning speed.....


During the month we celebrated Father's Day. It was pretty lame since we were driving back from Utah most of the day, but it's always nice to take a minute and tell the wonderful dads in our lives how much we love and appreciate them!


Aubrey and Carson are still pretty smitten with our little Charlie. They get so excited at every new thing she can do!


And we've had lots of time to just PLAY!!



We were very excited when we got to get out all Charlotte's summer clothes!!




I've been really trying to get Charlotte interested in eating her rice cereal......so far no real luck. She doesn't totally hate it, but just not real into it yet. Many more attempts to follow I'm sure.....





Along with the sprinkler under the trampoline, the kids have also discovered the "white trash water slide!" It has provided hours of fun.





Carson was VERY hesitant at first.....but did finally start going down on his own and mostly enjoying it.





CHEESE!!


Aubrey and Carson also just finished up their swimming lessons. We ended up back at the YMCA again this summer. Carson was in the beginner class. He's still pretty timid about going underwater, but I think got a little more comfortable. I also discovered that he has a pretty hard time listening and paying attention to the teacher. We'll see how this goes when he starts preschool in the fall!



Aubrey was in the class one step up from beginner. The first day of class her teacher asked me if I was sure she should really be in this class.....still very nervous. However, by the second or third class she really took off! She loved it, and made A LOT of progress. She is now "swimming" underwater, diving for toys, and loves to be in the pool without her lifejacket. Her teachers were quite impressed. Way to go Aubrey!



Last week we took our first trip this summer to the zoo! The (Jessica) Jensens came with us and the older kids all had a great time. Charlotte tolerated it. She doesn't sleep very well on the go, so missing naps took a toll on her.....but all in all a fun day! Also, not pictured here is cousin Callie. Aubrey has been talking about wanting to have a "playdate" with Callie for months. So we invited her along, and not only did Aubrey get her playdate but it was also really helpful for me! Thanks Callie!















Carson started talking about the giraffe slide before we even got to the zoo. He was determined he was going to like it this year! Well, as you can see from the picture the first trip down was pretty rough. Lots of screaming and crying and kids passing from behind. Finally Callie had to just sit him on her lap and force him down. It was quite the scene (again).

However, surprisingly he went right back up for more. He went down it about 5 times, each time a little less clinging to the side. Progress?








And we finished June with Charlotte's FIFTH month birthday! She continues to be darling, mild-mannered, and pretty easy going. She does love her beauty sleep though and can actually be a little cranky if she's tired. (And when I say cranky, I mean mild complaining and just wanting to be held.) We did have one hiccup this month. Charlotte learned to roll over from her tummy to her back. Normally that would be exciting, however, when she does it in her crib during a nap it wakes her up and she has a really hard time going back to sleep on her back! It caused quite a disruption in her naptime sleep. Thankfully she's still sleeping through the night like a champ (7 to 7), so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :) Life it still great and we're gearing up for our trip to Sandpoint and the "cousin invasion" all happening in July! I LOVE summer!


No comments: