Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sheep Shed

Aubrey and I went on a field trip with her preschool last week to The Sheep Shed. It was terrible weather, but we still managed to have a great time!

We got to watch the farmer sheer one of the sheep! It was very interesting........Aubrey and I kept quoting lines from our favorite Farmer Brown book......



"Farmer Brown was sheering sheep. Piling up a snowy heap, of wool that filled his shed knee-deep!
Clip clip, buzz buzz. He took their wool and left them fuzz."



She did want to pet the sheep after the sheering; however, as you can hopefully tell from the picture, it was a very quick touch with a semi-disgusted look on her face!



We then got to watch them spin the wool into yarn! It was really cool. I guess I was too busy watching and forgot to take a picture......

Next up, the kids got to hold, pet, and even feed some of the baby goats and lambs. They were all SO excited.......






We took Aubrey's friend Chase with us. They had a lot of fun together......





What a fun day!

And of course, the best part of the day.......snack!!

1 comment:

Kacee said...

What is it...the dead of winter up there??? It looks like you're on a ski trip, not a nice Spring field trip! It does look like you had a fun time nonetheless.