The other day after Aubrey's bath, I was brushing her hair. All of a sudden I had a flashback of when my sister and I were little and our mom would braid our hair in these tiny little braids before bed. Then when we woke up and took the braids out, our hair would be SO curly. For a little girl with stick straight hair, this was the ultimate excitement. So, Aubrey and I decided to give it a try. I didn't have the squishy pink curlers that my mom used, but I think the results were about the same. Take a look.
The night before.......
The next morning.....
A couple braids fell out, so there's a few straight spots......but overall, I think our first attempt was a success! (Brian can't get over how much she looks like me in my old "big hair" pictures!)
Aubrey (and mom) are anxious to try again!
2 comments:
So cute! I just showed Ella, in hopes that she would let me try it again, but she made no comment other than, "Wow...she has long hair!" I'm still hoping though. Maybe this summer when they're together. Aubrey's little smile with the braids cracks me up, by the way.
I totally remember you and Kacee with the "braids" do. And yes, she looks a lot like you in the big hair day.
Post a Comment