Monday, February 15, 2010

What's New & Valentine's Day

Here is some of what's new around our house.

Current favorite game.....



Crazy make-believe games while being "naked kids!"


These next few pictures showcase Carson's latest trick.......climbing himself OUT of his crib! About a week ago I put him down for his nap. Imagine my surprise when a minute later he had climbed out of his crib and walked out his door to announce, "Don't want to!" After about 30-40 times of lifting him back into his crib and him climbing right back out, he finally tired out and went to sleep. This new little trick continued that evening and for nap and bedtime the next day. The following night when he climbed out of his crib I stood outside his door and held the door shut so he couldn't come out. He cried for a minute, then climbed himself back into his crib and went to sleep. He hasn't done it since. Who knows if this is really the end of these shenanigans (I doubt it), but for now at least he's back to sleeping peacefully in his crib!

Head-first into the crib (this one was done with the assist of an upside down laundry basket)...


Hey! I want out.....



The escape....




I'm almost free...

VALENTINE'S DAY!
This is where a new post should begin.....
Aubrey celebrating Valentine's Day at her school....
She had SO much fun choosing and decorating her valentines this year....and she even wrote her own name on all the valentines (and you could mostly read it)!


She also got to be snack helper and line leader that day....what a day!!


Pink, heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast on V-day....



I guess they were a hit!

Carson also got a haircut for Valentine's Day (by his mother) and he really did NOT care much for it. But doesn't it look darling? Seriously, look at that kid!



Valentine's Day shirts and treats.....

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Kacee said...

OK...a few things. First, look at how long Aubrey's hair has gotten!! It looks beautiful...I want it. I want Ella's too, but alas I am stuck with mine. Alright, the next thing I have to say is nice call getting pictures of the climbing out! And I can't believe it has stopped. I'm sure this is not the end of the story, but it is still a promising sign. For as wild as he is, he might just be an obedient wild man!