So I had planned to blog about Aubrey's fun first day of gymnastics. However, when I picked up the kids from their Aunt Donna's house today after work, she shared something that I thought also needed to make the blog. While Aubrey was "taking her nap" at Aunt Donna's today, Donna peeked in the room she sleeps in (her cousin Catlin's room). She saw Aubrey high-tail it up onto the bed from the floor where Donna noticed an open container of RED nail polish! As you can see from the picture.... my darling, mild-mannered, rule-following, sweet Aubrey had broken into Catlin's nail polish and decided to paint her fingernails and toenails! Catlin, sorry about the ruined nail polish, shirt, carpet, and mattress! I feel terrible. And Donna, thanks for the hour of scrubbing my child with nail polish remover!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Big Day
Today was Aubrey's first day of gymnastics. She was so excited to go. She kept calling it her "class school." She had a great time jumping on the trampolines, walking the balance beam, doing "cartwheels," etc. She hasn't stopped talking about it all day. Since it's a "mommy and me" class, her mommy has realized again how out of shape and inflexible she is! Aubrey is already talking about "next time" and seeing her teacher again Miss Eda. So fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is HILARIOUS. Thanks for starting off my day with a laugh Aubrey!
Good to know she has a rebellious side. I was started to feel guilty about forcing a friendship with my darling daughter- didn't want to corrupt her... :)
Oh those moments are so wonderful. It reminds me of the time Jacquelyn got into my wine colored "yipstick". No photo, you must use your imagination - even the bathroom walls weren't off limits! Good Times!
OH MY GOSH!! That is hilarious---kinda :) Red even!!!
That picture is priceless! Little Aubrey...I can't even imagine it! I can't decide if I'm going to let Ella see this picture. I could use it as a teaching tool - "Don't do what your cousin Aubrey did!" - but doesn't that seem sad? Plus she might just think that if AUBREY can paint HER nails, then certainly the much older ELLA should be able to do it too! So I'll let you know what I decide. But also, I'm glad that she had such a fun time at gymnastics. It's great to have that one on one time with them.
That is awesome! I love her face. Soo sad!
Oh my gosh Jensen! That is so funny!! Poor gal. She looks so sad and embarrassed. Glad you had the good sense to grab the camera!
By the way...who took the picture - you or Donna? That was good thinking to snap a picture.
That was Donna. I think it's a good thing Donna found her before me....I may have scarred her for life! (You did what on our new carpet!!)
Post a Comment