Friday, January 9, 2009
I'm so scared!
Okay, so after 2 1/2 years of Aubrey using her "binky" every night and nap time to help her fall asleep, it is about to be taken away! As I've mentioned before, I realize we're about 1 1/2 years late on this...but hey, we do what we can. So Aubrey was told last night that it would be her last night sleeping with her binky. She of course immediately started telling us why she should keep it (you know when they can start to reason and bargain with you they are too old for binkies!) Anyway, so tonight we are visiting her Uncle Scott and Aunt Jenn and their 1 week old baby Brooklyn. Aubrey has agreed (for now) to give all her binkies to the new baby. We'll see when we actually get there. So, wish us luck getting some sleep this weekend.....I'm so scared!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I will be anxiously waiting the results of night #1!! By the way, whatever happened to "the poor children" who were going to get her binkies? Poor Brooklyn is going to the binkie thief! My guess is that it was either Aubrey's idea, or that it was done in desperation.
I am really glad I don't have to be you this weekend! You will have to keep me posted...
So... how'd it go? :-)
I certainly feel for you. Mine would give them up only to get re-attached when a new baby was born. Spencer was constantly sticking his head in the closet because he thought I couldn't see him devouring the pacifier! But even the baby is done now, so we don't have a single pacifier in the house. Hallelujah!! Best of luck to you!!
Post a Comment