Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Carson is FIVE!





















What I want to remember about Carson at FIVE:
  • He is so creative!  He loves to play with his Legos, make "projects," pretend fight, play make-believe, and draw pictures.  I want to save every picture he draws.....all his knights, and guys, and army men, and robots, and ships..... Such an amazing imagination.  I'll also never forget the day I came into the kitchen to find him making "potions".....crystal light, relish, water, and various other condiments.  He actually drank a little too.  
  • That boy can play and create with Legos and his "guys" for hours!!  I love to watch and listen to his little games.....you have to be pretty stealthy though, because if he notices you, he tells you to go away.
  • He loves his "screen time!"  He gets one hour of screen time each day during Charlotte's nap, and he NEVER misses it.  His favorites to watch and play on the iPad are:  Power Rangers (all varieties), Angry Birds (especially Star Wars), Lego Batman, Spiderman, Ben Ten, Kick the Buddy, Transformers, and Justice League.
  • I'm sure I have put this on every birthday post since he was born, but he is still so LOUD!  I cracked up when his preschool teacher talked about he and his buddy Rex talking in class, and how their voices just get louder, and louder, and louder until they're practically shouting!  Yep, that's Bubba.  Talks loud, cries loud, yells loud, whispers loud, plays loud....
  • Speaking of crying, I really thought by five Carson would have outgrown his tantrums.  Nope.  If you tell him no or something he doesn't want to hear (it's time for dinner, it's time for bath, etc.) it's an instant drop to the floor, screaming at the top of his lungs, tantrum.  It's so annoying.  I do think it's maybe gotten better?  But yeah, still has a very hard time controlling his emotions.
  • He loves his family.  I have to admit that after years of being a mama's boy, it's a pretty even split between his dad and me.  He definitely likes to be with his mom and/or dad.  And although he does sometimes just want to play alone (away from his sisters), he loves those girls!  He would do (almost) anything for Aubrey or Charlotte.  He also enjoys tormenting them...
  • He is very excited to start kindergarten next year.  (I can't believe it!!)  We'll be sending him to morning kindergarten.  And although I think he's going to love it, I think for him it is a good thing it's only half day.....
  • He is a very good student.  His preschool teachers have just loved him!  Nothing but good reports about how well behaved and what a good listener he is.  
  • It's been fun to watch him in soccer this season.  Quite a little athlete!  I'm sure he got that from me....  
  • He has such a contagious laugh....even when he's laughing at something inappropriate!  He laughs so hard he starts to cry.
  • He still gives the BEST hugs!  It's a full-body hug. 
  • He will finally wear pants.  We discovered "athletic" pants, and those have been a big hit!  He still prefers shorts, but he does occasionally just throw on his skinny cords without even being asked.  
Happy birthday buddy!  As Charlotte would say, "We love you so much!!"

No comments: