Here I am heading to work last Thursday.
And just 2 days later, the newest addition to our family had arrived!
Charlotte Jane Evans was born at 5:43 pm on Saturday, January 29, 2011. She weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long.
I ended up having to be induced because of insurance reasons.....still super annoyed about that. But, thankfully it all worked out. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45 am Saturday morning. Pitocin drip started at 8:30. It took quite a while for the contractions to really get going.....lots of walking, bouncing on the birthing ball, etc. At about 2:00, my doctor, Dr. Minge, broke my water and that got things going a little quicker. By about 4:00, contractions were quite strong. By 5:00, I was REALLY ready to have that baby! I remember I did not want to sit down, so I was standing and gripping the arm of the bed for all I was worth. At about 5:20ish, I was ready to push. And at 5:43 our beautiful baby came into this world.
Brian finally yelled, "It's a GIRL!" We cried and laughed. I was very excited and very glad labor was over. I yelled, "I never have to do this again!" I was shocked to hear that she only weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. That's almost 2 pounds lighter than Carson! And it really never ceases to amaze me at the absolute miracle of babies. My body has been growing this tiny human for 9 months, and now she is here and perfect, and it's just a true miracle. God is good.
Shortly after Charlotte was born, we sent the word to my SIL Donna to bring the kids up to the hospital. They had been SO excited to have a sleepover at the Jensen's! And a HUGE thank you to Donna for having them over and taking such good care of them always, but especially while they were adjusting to this new change!
So when they got to the hospital, they were a little nervous. They were both looking at me strangely in my hospital gown laying in bed. Carson kept coming over to me and saying, "I love you Mom." They were both thrilled to see the baby and find out the news that she's a GIRL! For days after Aubrey would just randomly say, "I'm so glad the baby is a girl!" She said it from the beginning......I just know the baby is a girl.
I do have to tell one quick story. The day before Charlotte was born, the kids and I were at the house and they were playing "the family game." Aubrey was pretending to be the mom and forcing Carson to be the baby. All of a sudden I hear Aubrey talking about another child "Charlie." "Where are Charlie's toys? Go give that to Charlie." Now, Brian and I have been keeping our name selections under wraps for months. They had no idea that our girl name was Charlotte, with the idea of a cute nickname being Charlie. So here they are, the day before she's born, playing a game with a baby Charlie. Carson even came up to me a little while after the game and said, "Aubrey said we have a sister Charlie." Is that so crazy!?!?!
Some hospital pictures....
Shortly after I made my induction appointment for Saturday at 7:00 am, we got the news that Brian's brother Scott and his wife Jenn who were expecting a baby 5 days after us were also going to be induced on Saturday at 7:00 am! As it turned out, we were both in labor and delivery at the same time. So weird to be walking the halls and run into Scott! Brian and Scott were texting updates back and forth all day long.
The kids checking out the presents Charlotte brought them.

Neither of them wanted to hold Charlotte in the hospital. I think just nervous, and for Aubrey, not wanting to do it "wrong." So here's the forced holding....

After a quick 24 hours, Brian and I were ready to be home. We talked them into letting us leave. It wasn't until about 7:00 at night though.

Car ride home.
Neither of them wanted to hold Charlotte in the hospital. I think just nervous, and for Aubrey, not wanting to do it "wrong." So here's the forced holding....
After a quick 24 hours, Brian and I were ready to be home. We talked them into letting us leave. It wasn't until about 7:00 at night though.
Car ride home.
Our furnace had been acting up the week prior to Charlotte's arrival, and right when we walked in the door we could tell we had NO HEAT!! The thermostat read 55 degrees! What a way to come home. Thankfully we didn't have the other kids with us, so Brian, Charlotte, and I shut ourselves into our bedroom with the space heater going. The repair man came the next day and fixed it, but it made for an interesting couple days!

Charlotte's first days at home....

What a sweet girl! Also, can you see the little mark on her forehead? Carson accidentally dropped some duct tape on her head.....yikes! I guess toughen her up now right!?
Attempting her first nap in her crib....and yes, she's on her tummy.....


One of the best things about newborns.....snuggling up for a nap!
Charlotte's first days at home....

What a sweet girl! Also, can you see the little mark on her forehead? Carson accidentally dropped some duct tape on her head.....yikes! I guess toughen her up now right!?
Attempting her first nap in her crib....and yes, she's on her tummy.....
One of the best things about newborns.....snuggling up for a nap!
3 comments:
Ahhhh...such cute pictures!! I'm still saying that she is a pretty even mix between the two kids - half Aubrey half Carson - but I hear I'm being overruled. She is just darling and I can't wait to see her! In real life!!
She fits right in! So sweet to see her with your little family. We are so happy for you guys!
Wonderful post...you had me smiling the whole way through. So very happy to see the joy beaming from your family. Congratulations again...such an exciting time for all of you. I will contact you ASAP to see when I can bring a meal. :)
Post a Comment