Tonight we were on our nightly walk, I was pushing Carson along on Aubrey's new (pink) big girl bike (because he has become bored with his trike) and she was happily peddling along on Carson's trike (because the big girl bike intimidates her a bit). I began to wonder what causes her to be so timid and him to be so fearless. Is it a difference between boys and girls? Is it first child vs second? Is it the Evans genes vs. the Jensen genes? Or do we just have weird children? I also began to wonder the same thing about the other differences between our children. So I though it would be fun to poll the people who have known Steph and I together and separately and who have different levels of parenting experience under their belts. Let us know what you think about these differences between the Kiddos.
1. Aubrey is very timid, and really doesn't like to try new things. Carson is completely fearless.
2. Aubrey is a bit uncoordinated (don't tell her I said that). She will randomly fall down and runs into things like walls and other stationary objects. Carson started walking early and can catch and throw better than Aubrey (remember, he's 1 an she's 3).
3. Aubrey is tall and skinny. Carson is much thicker and I'm afraid he will never catch her in the height department.
4. Although she got a brand new attitude for her third birthday, Aubrey has always been a pretty even tempered little girl. Carson on the other hand, can go from laughing hysterically one second to crying so hard he stops breathing the next. Yes, he cries so hard he will stop breathing.
Let us know what what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So, no one cares about our children as much as we do....weird.
It was pretty hilarious to see Carson having the best time riding on Aubrey's "big girl" bike and Aubrey just as happy as can be riding Carson's trike. When we made them switch back they both screamed!
That is hilarious! Can't you picture the same thing happening with two of my children? Seeing Aubrey and Carson has really confirmed the fact to me that birth order can't have anything to do with it - even though my first two are identical to yous! But Carson had been like he is since the moment he was born - long before he could have known he was "the second child." It seems to me that Aubrey is a mini-Stephanie (not the uncoordinated part, of course) and Carson is a mini-Brian (hell on wheels). But there's only one way to TRULY know for sure...you'd better have another!
Brian, stop trying to get people to say I am uncoordinated!
I would have to say that Carson gets his "bike skills" from Stephanie. After all, who taught me to ride a bike?
Oh so many genes in the gene pool! You can never say it is a male/female thing, it isn't always birth order either. I chalk it up to "people are people" - so many different personality traits at work. I think it is just as simple as that and don't we just love are little people for their uniqueness?
Post a Comment